Breeding Your Animal
Our team of veterinary professionals understands the commitment and financial investment that goes into breeding and showing purebred dogs and cats.
Whether this is your first time breeding your dog or cat, or you are an experienced breeder, our veterinary team is here to help. We are committed to ensuring that you and your animals have a stress-free experience as you move through the breeding process.
Our goal is for your dog to have a successful conception, healthy pregnancy, and trouble-free birth.
Breeding Services at Our Erin Clinic
We offer comprehensive breeding and reproduction services, including:
- In-house progesterone testing with same-day results
- Semen collection, evaluation, and freezing
- Artificial insemination (including surgical)
- Estrus induction and suppression in females
- Ovulation timing
- Pregnancy diagnosis and management
- Difficult pregnancy management
- Puppy health checks
- OFA certifications (radiograph, thyroid, cardiac)
Surgical Artificial Insemination
Our veterinarians offer Surgical Artificial Insemination (SAI) at our Erin animal clinic. SAI is performed under general anesthetic and takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes to complete.
Surgical insemination is the best option for females with long-standing fertility problems, as well as in cases where semen quality is impaired.