Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Houston County Animal Clinic in Erin, Tennessee is excited to welcome an additional part or full-time Small Animal Veterinarian to our family-oriented hospital. We offer small animal services to our wonderful clientele in Erin and the surrounding areas. You will have the opportunity to provide a wide variety of wellness, reproductive, and urgent care services with all of the equipment you need to practice high-quality medicine. A diverse surgical caseload provides ample opportunity to practice or improve your surgical skills and knowledge, although DVMs interested in medicine-only practice are welcome to apply! Our veterinary nurse, client service representatives and skilled veterinary assistants are experienced and excited to support you.
New graduates with prior hands-on experience working in a veterinary practice are encouraged to apply.
- Clinical Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate clinical knowledge and skill in examining and assessing animals. Perform cardiovascular, respiratory, orthopedic, neurological and other necessary examinations. Diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to develop solutions to challenges relating to the management of a high-quality veterinary hospital.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrate effective communication of diagnostic and therapeutic options to clients. Display effective communication with internal medical and hospital staff.
- Professionalism: Work as part of a high-quality, professional veterinary team with the ability to provide and receive appropriate constructive criticism, suggestions, and feedback.
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand the management and finances of the veterinary hospital practice.
- Ethics: Knowledge and understanding of ethical principles that guide decisions affecting patients.
- Commitment to Continuing Education: Commitment to utilize available resources of continuing education and to facilitate learning of others.
- Veterinarian degree (DVM) from an accredited college or university.
- Current State Veterinary License.
- DEA registration must be obtained and maintained.
- Experience overseeing Veterinary Technicians and Assistants as well as other hospital or practice staff.
- Must demonstrate a desire to continue learning in veterinary care and participate in leading staff training.
Position Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent Communication Skills and the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and in a timely manner with all members of the Medical and Hospital staff.
- Client communication skills, must be able to elicit information, establish rapport, offer explanations with pet owners.
- Display confidence and reassurance when dealing with pets experiencing severe stress, illness, or pain.
- May include some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Some tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work.
- Position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Erin, Tennessee is the perfect small town for raising a family or enjoying a country lifestyle while still being within reach of a city. Land is beautiful and affordable, overall cost of living is low, there are plenty of fun outdoor attractions/activities, the bustling town of Clarksville is 15 minutes down the road, and the big city amenities of Nashville are just a little over an hour away.
Contact Leslie Lynette, RVT, CVPM at LLynette@petvetcarecenters.com on how to join the Houston County Animal Clinic team.
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Erin Hospital?
At Houston County Animal Clinic, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Houston County Animal Clinic, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.